Full course description
Structured to offer a careful balance of strategic and operational considerations, this high impact course equips you with the essential knowledge and tools to take your project management skills to the next level.
Effective managers recognise the value of well-developed project management skills. They understand that these skills assist them to execute decisions on time, on budget and in line with specific performance targets.
They are also required to take on vast spheres of responsibility, demanding a comprehensive knowledge and skill base. Whatever your background or industry, if you are in a management role, then you need to be an effective project manager.
This applies irrespective of the size or budget of the project, or the context in which it's undertaken. This timely and relevant two-day program will show you how.
What will you learn?
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of your own, and your organisations, project management capability
- Perform accurate in-depth project feasibility and scope analysis
- Assess and discern between projects to achieve maximum organisational value and minimise risk
- Identify the key elements of a Project Plan, including project definition, objectives, budgets and time schedules
- Show you how to break a project down into manageable parts and processes, from initial concept right through to final handover
- Map a project's lifecycle
- Develop the most effective management structures for the maintenance of project control
- Manage small, large and multiple projects concurrently
- Monitor a project's progress and success
- Lead and manage project teams
Get credit into the Professional Management Program by completing this course and its assessment.
Who is this for?
Any manager, professional or team leader with responsibility for delivering on projects, or who wants to understand the project management process better.
Alina Lebed - MBA, BSc, G Cert Ed, Dip Management & Intl Trade
Alina is a leading management consultant specialising in complex problem solving for a variety of clients throughout Adelaide and interstate. Prior to this role, she led the Business Advisory Practice for an international consulting firm in Adelaide. Alina has also lectured in the areas of Strategy, Risk and Project Management at the University of Adelaide since 2003. Her relevant areas of expertise include strategic analysis, business and marketing planning, corporate governance, business case analysis, risk management, economic and industry development, change management, strategic procurement and, of course, contract management. She has designed and implemented multiple training programs on many of these topics to a range of corporate and government clients, both locally and internationally. .