Full course description
• 3 x 2.5 hour online workshops using Zoom (online video conferencing), to be held on Tuesday 31 March, 7 April and 14 April at 9.30 – 12noon ACST
• Online materials accessible through the University’s online learning portal.
Top companies such as Apple and Toyota stay ahead of the game through innovation. Learn to harness innovation in your organisation by applying the key concepts of design thinking.
Design thinking is an innovative approach that enables you to develop solutions to complex problems, find and solve problems, bring new products and solutions to market, and develop unique customer experiences.
In this interactive high impact course you will learn what design thinking is and how to embed it in your organisation. Whether you are focusing on developing new products, a new customer experience, or addressing strategic problems, revolutionise the way you perceive and resolve these issues by innovating using a design thinking approach.
What will you learn?
- Understand the design thinking process
- Empathise and connect with customers to better understand the customer’s journey
- Acquire the tools necessary to co-develop unique customer experiences
- Work effectively as a team to produce innovative solutions
- Develop the mindset necessary to iterate with confidence
- Plan and drive innovation projects effectively
Who is this for?
- Executives, Senior Leaders and Managers involved in strategy, customer experience or product development
- Leaders responsible for value creation and capture
- R&D personnel in product or service industries
Dr Andrew MacDonald
Dr Andrew MacDonald is a global business advisor who has spent over 30 years working with many of the top CEOs of financial and professional services companies and their client advisory teams. In his work with companies such as UBS, J P Morgan , ANZ, Morgan Stanley, PwC and Ernst & Young, Andrew has become known for cutting through the complexity of developing unique client experiences in today’s fast-changing advisory environment. Prior to consulting, Andrew held a number of senior roles in industry. He was Head of Sales Development – Australia for the National Australia Bank (NAB) and a Director of Business Development at Ernst & Young (E&Y). During his time at E&Y, Andrew was responsible for portfolio sales including corporate finance, taxation, audit, consulting and entrepreneurial services.