Full course description
Applying sound asset management practice can bring value to whatever environment you work in. This interactive 2-day course provides an understanding of Asset Management and the ISO 55000 standards as well as guidance on how to comply with them. It explores the importance of having a balanced approach to cost, risk and benefits and explains how to implement a successful asset management system suitable to any size organisation. Importantly, the course will enable you to unlock significant and sustainable value for your organisation.
What will you learn?
The course will offer participants the opportunity to gain a better understanding of:
- Asset management principles and practices
- Asset management language and requirements
- The difference between Asset management versus Management of Assets
- The applicability of the ISO 55000X suite of standards and the certification process
- Scaleable application of the standards across a broad range of assets
- Alignment of asset management to other management systems
- Learning from relevant Asset management case studies
Who is this for?
- Asset Management Specialists
- Asset owners or providers of asset management related services
- Managers from Maintenance, Operations, Procurement and Finance/Business Departments
- Senior Leaders with asset management in their portfolio
- Those working in defence, mining, oil and gas, transportation, utilities, power generation, energy, maintenance, engineering, and all levels of Government.
Dave Daines is an Asset Management professional with significant experience in all aspects of Asset Management across a range of industries. He has extensive experience in the field of Asset Management, fulfilling numerous roles and functions at senior levels within a major resource company. His penultimate role was Head of Asset Management, which saw him develop and implement an Asset Management Strategic plan for the organisation. He now consults in the field of Asset Management in the areas of Strategy development, training and assessments and is a qualified lead auditor in Management Systems for Bureau Veritas.