Full course description
Our courses give students a distinct advantage in progressing through their SACE Year 12 studies. They will help you to revise and consolidate knowledge in the subject, seek answers for specific queries and assist you to gain confidence in preparing for the SACE Year 12 exams. They will also provide invaluable tips on study skills and techniques specific to the subject.
The courses are 15 hours in duration delivered over a week (3 hours x 5 days or when there is a public holiday 3 ¾ hours x 4 days). They are presented by experienced Year 12 teachers who are specialists in their subject area, committed and enthusiastic about helping students achieve their academic best.
Course Content & Outcomes:
This course will revise all topics covered in Stage 2, with a distinct focus on preparing for the SACE Year 12 exam though revision of key ideas within each topic.
- Topic 1: Managing the Environment
- Topic 2: Managing Chemical Processes
- Topic 3: Organic and Biological Chemistry
- Topic 4: Managing Resources
- Past exam questions will be analysed to develop problem solving techniques and advice on social relevance reports can be offered.
The Course Assists Students to:
- Strengthen ideas and concepts studied in Terms 1, 2 & 3
- Revise and consolidate knowledge required for the final term and exam
- Improve confidence and technique answering exam questions
There will be no large group lectures and the classes are limited in size allowing teachers to attend to individual learning needs. Our classroom style teaching method allows you to interact freely with the teacher and fellow students, ensuring the best possible learning environment. Key ideas from topics are revised, followed by practice exercises (including exam-type questions).
The structure of our Year 12 revision programs offer a high degree of continuity as you remain in the same class for the duration of the course, with many students returning throughout the year.
The fee is inclusive of course notes specifically developed for the course.
Please bring your own writing materials.
Please Note: This overview is intended as a guide only.
" The most useful part of this course was being able to review the content previously learnt and has enabled me to understand previous work that I didn't understand. "