Full course description
Our courses give students a distinct advantage in progressing through their SACE Year 12 studies. They will help you to revise and consolidate knowledge in the subject, seek answers for specific queries and assist you to gain confidence in preparing for the SACE Year 12 exams. They will also provide invaluable tips on study skills and techniques specific to the subject.
The courses are 15 hours in duration delivered over a week (3 hours x 5 days or when there is a public holiday, 3 3/4 hours x 4 days). They are presented by experienced Year 12 teachers who are specialists in their subject area, committed and enthusiastic about helping students achieve their academic best.
Course content & Outcomes:
This course will revise select topics covered in Term 2, and introduce key topics and concepts that will normally be covered in the following term.
- stimulus response model
- nervous system
- endocrine system
- control of temperature, osmoregulation, blood sugar level, pH of blood
- formation of membranes
- phylogenetic tree diagrams
- species, reproductive isolating mechanisms
- genetic variation and gene pool
- natural selection and evolution
- impact of human activities on communities
- maintaining biodiversity
- Science Understandings in Homeostasis and Evolution will be taught. Exam style questions and answers will be used to consolidate skills which are necessary to achieve well in multiple choice, short answer, practical work and extended response questions.
The Course Assists Students to:
- Gain an introduction to Term 3 topics.
- Strengthen ideas and concepts studied in Term 2.
- Boost confidence and improve technique in answering exam questions.
There will be no large groups lectures and the classes are limited in size allowing teachers to attend to individual learning needs. Our classroom style teaching method allows you to interact freely with the teacher and fellow students, ensuring the best possible learning environment. Key ideas from topics are revised, followed by practice exercises (including exam-type questions).
The structure of our Year 12 revision programs offer a high degree of continuity as you remain in the same class for the duration of the course, with many students returning throughout the year.
The fee is inclusive of course notes specifically developed for the course.
Please bring your own writing materials.
Please Note: This overview is intended as a guide only.
" It helped reinforce a lot of my learning. "